The unique benefits of Villa Efzin are:
- Unique view, being located almost on top of the sea provide unique and magnificent sea view from any angle of the villa both indoors and outdoors. Sunset from the villa is absolutely breathtaking and promises unforgettable moment!
- Total quietness and full privacy as the villa is located in a fenced 8,500 sq. m hill. Also even the airport looks to be close on the map, we can guarantee that you will never hear any sound of planes from the villa area (planes are landing and taking off in a different direction, so they do not pass over or close to the villa).
- The first floor has its own independent entrance and this offers more privacy among your own group.
- The location, as the villa is located in an isolated fenced hill, offering full privacy but at the same time being close to everything such as Chania airport, beach, shops and restaurants. Also there are two wonderful sandy beaches and several choices for taverns and shops where you can go on foot.
- A yacht can stop in front of the villa and this make door to door cruising possible.
- The hospitality of the owner who stays in a house near villa Efzin on the same hill will be on hand with helpful advice and information whenever it is needed. The owners have a wide knowledge of the island and will be only to willing to suggest places of interest and routes to get there.
The two-storey 465 sq. m villa is furnished with elegant and minimum styles and it can accommodate 8 people in beds and up to 10 people if it is necessary.
Entering the villa on the ground floor there is a spacious almost 200 square meters open plan area consisting of the living room with fireplace, a 50” satellite HDTV, an office space with a printer, an indoor dining area and a fully equipped kitchen of top quality fixtures and appliances. The living room area has direct access to the main veranda, the pool area and the garden.
On the ground floor there are two double bedrooms, one of them is an open plan bedroom next to the living area. The other double bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with shower.
An outdoor staircase leads to the first floor’s independent entrance and entering it there is a hall with an office space with a PC and library. Next to the hall there is also a small kitchenette with a refrigerator and coffee machine.
Two bedrooms are located on the first floor. One is the 70 sq. m master bedroom with a king size double bed, an open plan gym area with a treadmill, elliptical machine and abs equipment and a small living room with sofa. The master bedroom also has an enormous 50 sq. m en-suite bathroom which contains a Jacuzzi for 3 people and a shower cabin. The Jacuzzi offers an exceptional panoramic sea view in front of it and it is a perfect spot for soothing body and mind.
This bedroom also has an exit to enormous furnished veranda and the sunset view from there is truly beyond any description.
The other bedroom on this floor has 2 single beds (the single beds in this bedroom can also be set up as double) with an en-suite bathroom with shower.
The landscaped outdoor area in front of the house is almost 900 square meters and it offers a variety of facilities and spots for relaxation.
More specifically our outdoor facilities include:
- 140 sq. m swimming pool
- Fully equipped gas barbecue
- An outdoor dining table with views to the pool and the surrounding landscape
- A variety of furnished spots (with sun beds, outdoor sofas and armchairs) for relaxing in the balconies, the veranda and the gardens around the villa
- A wooden deck located in the sea level where you can reach through the stone paved staircase from outdoor area
- Parking space for many cars
For your comfort
The villa is fully equipped to provide maximum comfort to our guests. It includes independent in-floor heating, central air-conditioning system, solar water heating, security system, alarm system, filtered triplex windows with thermo brake system and a double facing fireplace.
|Fenced||140 m² swimming pool|
|Sun beds / Umbrellas||Garden Park|
|Gas BBQ||Dining table|
|Sitting area||Parking space|
|Satellite HDTV||Wi-Fi internet connection|
|Central air-conditioning system||Window screen|
|Washing machine||Tumble dryer|
|Hairdryer||Iron / Iron board|
|Bluetooth speaker||Nintendo Wii|
|Fire distinguisher||First aid kit|
|Safe||Baby cot / Highchair|
|Fridge / Freezer||4 ring stoves|
|Dishwasher||Espresso / Filter coffee machine|
|Toaster / Kettle / Blendar||Dishes / Utensils|
Chania (13 km)
In Chania city you can find everything, and its old venetian harbour worths a visit.
Souda Port (16 km)
Daily ferries are available from/to the port.
Chania Airport (8 km)
The international airport in Chania. The airport is the second largest with exclusive flights of Ryanair.
Heraklion Airport (149 km)
The Kazantzakis Airport in Heraklion city. The biggest airport in Crete serving domestic and international flights. Easy Jet has flights to this airport as well.
Kounoupidiana village (5 km)
It is a big village where you can find all the amenities such as shops, traditional taverns, pharmacy, medical center, post office and many more.
Traditional tavern (2 min. walk)
There are several taverns in the area, but the nearest is the tavern “Eirini’s” and “Maria’s” which can be found 2 minutes away on foot. There is also a great seafood tavern in Tersanas beach available in 5 minutes walking distance.
Mini market (2 minutes drive)
The nearest mini market is in Horafakia Village.
Supermarket (2 minutes drive)
The nearest supermarket is in Horafakia Village.
ATM (5 km)
In Kounoupidiana village.
Pharmacy (5 km)
In Kounoupidiana village.
Hospital (19 km)
General Hospital of Chania.
Closest beach (5 min. walk)
Tersanas beach (5 minutes on foot).
Kalathas beach (2.5 km)
Kalathas beach is quite long and most of the time you will not feel crowded. However, if you're looking for a secluded spot, you'll probably find it in one of the sides of the beach. Be aware that Kalathas beach is being affected by the winds.
Stavros beach (4.3 km)
In Stavros village you will find two beaches. The main beach where “Zorbas” was filmed, is located in the east side of the village, at the foot of the mountain and has marvellous white sand and shallow turquoise waters. The second beach of Stavros is located in the north side of the village and has sand and rocks in places and is less organised than the first, but cleaner.
Seitan Limania beach (13.7 km)
There you will find a beach that differs from other beaches. Nature created three inlets between the steep cliffs of the peninsula. In one of them is located the well-hidden beach which is not organised. Be aware that in order to reach Seitan Limania beach, you have to park your car and then climb down a path, not that easy for children or elderly people.
Loutraki beach (14.2 km)
Loutraki beach is a waveless beach with fine sand, between the rocky shore of the bay. Also there you will find restaurants and beach bars.
Marathi beach (14.8 km)
Marathi has two wonderful beaches, divided by the pier of the harbour and they are probably two of the best beaches in Akrotiri peninsula! Both are sandy and well organized with sun beds and umbrellas. The most important advantage with the beaches in Marathi is that you'll almost never see the sea with waves, even when it blows in western Crete. Also there you can find taverns and cafes by the sea. Marathi is ideal for families with children.
Bar / Clubs (5 km)
In Kounoupidiana village. There are more choices available in Chania town.
Agia Marina & Platanias (22 km)
Agia Marina and Platanias are two famous areas next to each other with a long sandy beach, numerous beach bars and clubs.
Venizelos Tombs (8.5 km)
Venizelos tombs is a park established to honour Venizelos (one of the most important figures in Greek political scene) and his son, full of trees and vegetation boasting a really breathtaking view to the entire Chania bay.
Agia Triada Monastery (5.7 km)
The Monastery of Agia Triada (Holy Trinity) also known as Tzagarolon Monastery is one of the most impressive monasteries you will see in Crete.
Gouverneto Monastery (8.2 km)
The Gouverneto monastery or Lady of angels is one of the oldest monasteries in Crete.